It has amazed us how analytical a 2 ½ year old can be. Will’s phrase of the week has been, “I not mean to do it,” which usually follows a very intentional act. Lately we hear this little phrase right after we see something flying towards Nate’s head. Will loves his brother to pieces but is still learning what he can and can’t do.
Yesterday morning Will walked into my room where Nate was sitting while I was getting ready and proclaimed, “Nate is so big.” I will admit Nate has hit a growth spurt and when he sits up like a big boy he does look a lot bigger. So it was a very perceptive comment, but I think Will has begun to think of Nate as a “big boy” like himself instead of a baby, which means he’s a bit more apt to rough house with him.
We’re just waiting for the day that Nate can get him back, which won’t be much longer. And then Nate can proclaim, “I not mean to do it!”
No comments:
Post a Comment