4.29.2009

'I Just Perfect!'

Will had surgery last week…tubes put in his ears, adenoids taken out. Surprisingly, after they called us back and did all of the preliminary stuff he went right back with the nurse like a big boy (of course, it’s hard for Will to pass up on a balloon!). As Will was walking off with the nurse the anesthesiologist warned us that when he woke up Will would be very upset – not because of the pain but because of the gas they would be giving him. I think that was the hardest part for us, having an inconsolable, crying little boy and not being able to do a thing about it. By the time we were ready to go he had calmed down and we were able to get to the car without too many stares. Even though he was still out of it he did know enough to remind me that we had promised him a Target trip to get a new train. I had to get his prescription filled anyways so to Target we went. Since he was still pretty groggy and still a bit out of it Will didn’t want to walk, didn’t want to ride in the stroller and didn’t want to get in the buggy, which meant mommy got the fun task of carrying him around Target (along with Emily the train, of course) while we waited on the prescription. After about 15 minutes of that I said, “Will, mommy is really tired. Can you stand for just a minute? You are so heavy.” To which he lifted his head up and looked at me with half closed eyes and said, “No, mommy, I just perfect.” Yes, my little bug, I think I’ll second that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so sweet. glad he came through the surgery well. he IS perfect!

Whitney Herndon said...

I love it...definitely a melting moment. I am sure after that you would have carried him around for another hour or two. Glad he bounced back so quickly too!

Kara said...

Pure sweetness!!

Suzanne said...

Yay! An update! And Will is perfect, Mommy!!