We had a fun weekend at one of our favorite places - Sea World. Will's absolute favorite ride at Sea World is the crab ride. He would stay on it all day if we let him. We've learned that if we get there at 10:00 right when the kiddie section opens (for some reason it opens an hour later than the rest of the park) we can get on it and keep riding it because there's no line. The crab ride is one of those that goes straight up in the air and drops you at intervals (which means your stomach drops to your feet!). But he loves it. The rides at Sea World have always been our thing. Brian's not much for those kind of rides so I get the pleasure of accompanying my boy. Saturday we actually started off with the carousel so that Nate could ride as well. As soon as that was done Will and I rushed to the crab ride. When we get there he looks at me and says "Mommy, I want to ride all by myself. You stay here and watch." WHAT??? I so was not ready for this independence to rear its head. It's a scary ride, he needs me with him...he needs him mommy...right??!! I literally wanted to stand right there in the middle of the park and cry! I was not prepared for this at all. So for the rest of the day I was not allowed on the crab ride. "All By Myself" was the mantra for the day. But we did get some special mommy and big boy time at the end of the day. We left the park mid-afternoon for a break. It was getting so hot and Nate was ready for a nap. We were debating about all of us going back to the park that evening but Brian and I decided that he would keep Nate at the hotel and I would take Will to see Shamu Rocks. Will and I had a blast! He decided he wanted to sit at the very, very top of Shamu Stadium. So we rocked the night away with a pretty cool view. I guess that somehow made up for wanting to be "all by myself!"

Cheesing on the crab ride (the one and only time I got to ride with him!)

The crab ride goes way higher than this!

All the way at the top waiting for Shamu Rocks to start.
1 comment:
What a big boy! Sad, though, for you. I'm gonna want to cry when Nora no longer "needs" me, but as we know well (since we still need our mamas), our kids will always look to us. Thank goodness!
Post a Comment